Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Cleaning Out

 

     One of the big projects I have been working on this summer is cleaning out and sorting through all the stuff that has accumulated in our office and home.  I dislike clutter and years of letting things build up has created a lot of it.  Thus, I decided that it was time to tackle it all.  This summer we started to have all of our business files scanned and put onto a flash drive (special thanks to my sister for this) so we are now able to shred all the paper files.  Additionally, I went through all the old boxes of back taxes and old papers and added that to the mix.  Tomorrow, a mobile shredder is coming to our office to shred all of that paper, and, I am sad to admit that I am really excited about it.  I mean, like Christmas morning excited.  See how pathetic I have become.

    And, this weekend we had another summertime tradition in keeping with the whole clearing out theme – yes, yard sale time!  I was not planning to have a yard sale this year but I heard they were having a town wide yard sale this past Saturday, and, I had already compiled a huge pile of things that I wanted to get rid of – so I thought why not.

yard sale 

    I managed to get rid of the entire pile, plus some more stuff that wasn’t lucky enough to make the picture.  I tend to have a weakness for yard sales – you really can find some really nice things for your home for a real bargain – and could not resist raiding my mother-in-law’s stuff.  I know that there is definitely a lot of junk out there.  Yet, from my own personal experience, often the things I am trying to get rid of are perfectly good items, I just do not need them anymore for one reason or another.

shelf

     A shelf she had previously purchased from a yard sale – to me, for free!  You can’t beat it.  A little cleaning, a little paint and that is going on that wall right where the picture was taken.  Love finding a unique item to add to the home.  And, it always feels so good to get stuff done!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, happy Shredding Day!!! You should take a before and after picture of your piles of PAPER!!!! Woot woot!!! :)

    ReplyDelete