Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year

 

    Okay, so 2013 did not end up being very productive!  I only managed to complete one project on my list that I had set out to finish last summer!  Definitely not good.  But, through the month of December I did actually manage to get my workout room primed. Phew.  Felt so good to finally have that completed.  It only took me four and a half years to get it done!  Here is the finished project!

IMG_0168

     It seems so good to have the primer painted in that room.  I have started picking out some paint swatches to select the color and finish painting.  I am thinking some color of green because I love that color.  I will keep you posted on the progress of my final house painting project.

      I am determined to make more time this year to work on the projects I want to do in the house.  I really need to make time for the things I enjoy.  It is so easy to let all the obligations of life take over.  My hubby and I built our home and when we moved in five years ago we had run out of budget and with the drop in the economy progress on the house came to a stand still.  Little by little over the last few years we have been working on completing the finishing work ourselves which is more economical but definitely takes a great deal more time.  My husband has been working on our first floor installing the trim.  And, it is looking really nice.  I do not have any pictures today but I will try and post some tomorrow. 

     With so much work to be done on a house it can be hard to focus and finish anything.  I have been trying to plot my own course of action and I have debated between two options.  The first, to pick one room downstairs and to keep focusing on completing that one room.  When that room is done then I would move onto the next until the downstairs is complete and then move up.  The second option is to work on some projects that need to be done upstairs that I have had percolating in my brain.  This plan would not focus on one room per se but rather on specific projects I have in mind.  And, after some thought I have decided to go with option number two.  And, here’s why.  Because option number two would finish off some areas that would create storage solutions and having a place to put things away always makes good sense. 

     Here is my next project:

IMG_0166

      I bought this shelf for $20 at a flea market and I am going to sand it down and repaint it.  It is going on the wall in my laundry room over our utility sink.  Here:

IMG_0167

    

The walls are yellow in that room so I am currently contemplating the color choice for the shelf.  But, after that is decided it should be a pretty easy project to complete.  One of my favorite things is to find old pieces at yard sales and flea markets and bring them back to life.  It is amazing what a fresh coat of paint will accomplish.  After that is done, I am thinking finishing the shelving in the laundry room and closet systems for the kids closets!  I love being organized!

   Here’s to a crafty and productive 2014!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Love the new shelf for the laundry room. Can't wait to see the finished project! :)

    ReplyDelete