Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I Thought This Was A Little Project

 

    It all seemed so simple when I first had the idea to refinish my shelf and hang it in the living room.  Yet, as I was standing in the store the other day after picking up a few more paint samples I found myself wandering.  My own version of “If You Give A Mouse A Muffin”.  If I start to think of refinishing an item, I am going to want a remodel to go with it.

     Off to the tile samples.  Trying to decide on a color for the shelf led to thoughts of what colors I want in the laundry room.  After all, you need something that goes with the décor.  While I am not a matchy matchy type of person, I want things to at least look like they belong.

IMG_0181

      Little man hard at work helping me try to decide on tile for around the utility sink area. 

     However, looking at tile samples made me think that I am not really crazy for the utility sink that is currently in the laundry room.  As we were starting to get towards the end of the construction process, time and money were a factor so we made some “temporary” decisions for certain places with the thought that we could update them later.  And, the $15.00 utility sink we installed was definitely one of those “to be redone later” items.  Doesn’t make sense to tile around a utility sink that you do not want to keep.  So, off to the cabinet area I went.

IMG_0192

A utility sink option from the home improvement store.

     Much to my husband’s chagrin, my “I want to re-do my shelf” has turned into a full laundry room finishing project it seems.  This weekend I am going to measure the space and lay out a design to develop an idea of where I am headed with the project.  My “dream” utility sink would be a soapstone sink (beautiful) but realistically it is an item which is way out of the budget.  Before I settle though I may spend a little time searching some websites and some local salvage yards to see if I might get lucky!

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds awesome!! It definitely does make sense to have a sink you want to keep before you tile around it. lol If you don't finish it before May I have an idea for some free labor assistance (and I'll help too!). :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought it made perfect sense to be 100% set on the sink too before I did the tile! And, I am always willing to accept a little free labor!! :)

      Delete